Friday, December 08, 2006

Passed my second CRM exam, Extending Microsoft CRM 3.0 today . I am now a Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions Professional - Microsoft Dynamics CRM Developer.... ;)

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Struggling to install virtual server RC2 on Vista :)

Found the solution here :

in short:

Install Virtual server like this:
start /w pkgmgr /l:log.etw /iu:IIS-WebServerRole;IIS-WebServer;IIS-CommonHttpFeatures;IIS-StaticContent;IIS-DefaultDocument;IIS-DirectoryBrowsing;IIS-HttpErrors;IIS-HttpRedirect;IIS-ApplicationDevelopment;IIS-ASPNET;IIS-NetFxExtensibility;IIS-ASP;IIS-CGI;IIS-ISAPIExtensions;IIS-ISAPIFilter;IIS-ServerSideIncludes;IIS-HealthAndDiagnostics;IIS-HttpLogging;IIS-LoggingLibraries;IIS-RequestMonitor;IIS-HttpTracing;IIS-CustomLogging;IIS-ODBCLogging;IIS-Security;IIS-BasicAuthentication;IIS-WindowsAuthentication;IIS-DigestAuthentication;IIS-ClientCertificateMappingAuthentication;IIS-IISCertificateMappingAuthentication;IIS-URLAuthorization;IIS-RequestFiltering;IIS-IPSecurity;IIS-Performance;IIS-HttpCompressionStatic;IIS-HttpCompressionDynamic;IIS-WebServerManagementTools;IIS-ManagementConsole;IIS-ManagementScriptingTools;IIS-ManagementService;IIS-IIS6ManagementCompatibility;IIS-Metabase;IIS-WMICompatibility;IIS-LegacyScripts;IIS-LegacySnapIn;IIS-FTPPublishingService;IIS-FTPServer;IIS-FTPManagement;WAS-WindowsActivationservice;WAS-ProcessModel;WAS-NetFxEnvironment;WAS-ConfigurationAPI

If this does not work look at the above link for the manual install you just have to install IIS and see that the 'IIS 6 Management Compatibility' is checked

Then I got this error:
The following error occurred:An error occurred accessing the website application data folder.

This is solved by running Internet Explorer as Administrator (make sure you have windows authentication enabled in "Authentication" In your websites managment console)

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Run across a minor issue while trying to install Visual Studion 2005 on Vista.
When installing he suddenly says he can not copy a certain file. you can retry or cancel. Cancel the installation and rerun the setup.exe with "Elevated Administrator Rights" . This should solve that issue. If this does not work try to install the latest version of Daemon tools because second time i tried the elevated administrator rights did not resolve the issue.

When I tried to run Visual Studio I get a warning. I recommend that you read what it has to say because there are numerous issues that may occur...

Do not forget to install the latest service pack either.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Today spent a large part of the day installing VISTA on my laptop
Something I had to look for was how to sync my Qtec s200 with vista. Figured out I had to install "Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3 for Windows Vista"

You can download it here:

Works more stable than the RC2 from october that I installed on my desktop a month ago. (until now :p)

Monday, November 13, 2006

Installed windows vista and office 2007 this weekend. Looks great only computer is a lot slower now :/ thnking about reverting back.

Only problem I came across is that I could not install daemon tools to mount iso images. Found a very good (free) alternative: elby Virtual CloneDrive is can be found here :

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Playing around with the WPF (Avalon) looks neat!

Made my first databound custom control its pretty easy...
I had been struggling with it for a short while but then turned on some scandicrust and it did wonders ;)

Also extending my framework bit by bit. Starts to look quit nice.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Yesterday I came across a small problem in CRM I needed to disable all fields in a form except one o_O. So this is what I came up with:

I put this in my form_load event

Since I am a lazy programmer is used a loop :D

var type = 'hidden+text+select-one+checkbox+textarea+radio';
for (i=0;i <crmform.all.length;i++){
if(type.indexOf(crmForm.all[i].type) != -1){
//disable all fields except new_SomeField
crmForm.all[i].disabled= (crmForm.all[i].id != 'new_SomeField');
//Disable lookup fields manually
crmForm.all.ownerid.disabled = true;
crmForm.all.preferredserviceid.disabled = true;
crmForm.all.preferredequipmentid.disabled = true;
crmForm.all.preferredsystemuserid.disabled = true;

For the future maybe use an array containing all
the fields you want to disable / leave enabled.